Hi Scott,
Unfortunately, SoundRTS, like many accessible games, is only a stripped down and simplified example of a real time strategy game. SoundRTS is by no means as complex or feature filled as something like Warcraft. While I do like SoundRTS I'm also acutely aware that it falls short of what could be done with the game if it were truly a clone of warcraft with campaigns, larger world maps, enemy monsters, and a much better AI just for starts. Anyway, what I'm saying is let's not judge an entire style of game by one game. I agree with you that SoundRTS started out great, but the novelty wore off rather quickly. However, I believe that has more to do with a lack of a more mainstream design and lack of features we might expect from that type of game.

Cheers!

Scott Chesworth wrote:
Just one more registering interest.  Dabbled with Sound RTS and liked
the idea of the genre at least, though I found the novelty wore off
quite soon because of the fairly limited stuff I could do.

Scott