Hi Munawar,
Oh, the Sapi speech settings are still in Windows 7, but are located in a new location just like everything else in Windows 7. It is hard to find certain settings, because Microsoft started relocating everything in Vista and continued the confusion under Windows 7. So sometimes it just takes poking around and finding where they put everything in the Win 7 control panel.

Cheers!

Munawar Bijani wrote:
Hi,
Yes, I have found the same issue on my system. So far, I haven't found a way to turn up the synthesizer volume like you could in Windows XP by clicking "Speech" in Control Panel. This is the reason I don't use the voice although it is pretty good. Of course you can turn down the system sounds so that they don't blast over Anna, but that's not worth my time I feel--just to use a different synthesizer.
Munawar A. Bijani