well there have been security updates on linux and mac and yess people have got
viruses on linux and mac.
There are loads of linuxes and the main reason we don't see much in the way of
viruses so much is that the updates come out faster maybe and less time for
security issues to stay round.
mac not sure but its got a good record to.
Everything though is mostly geared at windows though.
even so you are mostly safe.
One thing I have done though unsecure is not use an address book all important
info is ssaved in pure text.
while this leaves passwords, and other things unsecured and easy to get if the
system is ever hacked into, it means I don't rely on programs if they ever
currupted or crashed.
it also means I can access em on multipul systems.
I only have 4 passwords.
my bank password, my net password.
Another password for my trademe and everything else free has a master password
for everything which is a lot.
a lot of stuff has the same username.