Hi Yohandy,
Oh, I know. I never said ESP Whoop Ass was anything more than a very
very simple game, and that really wasn't my point. I just wanted to
point out that reaction time to block the punches in that game is hard
and takes practice. I assume here you had to do a fair amount of
practicing to get good at avoiding/blocking attacks in Street Fighter as
well.
I've never played Street Fighter 4 so as a developer it is pretty hard
for me to design something based on a style of combat I've never
experienced before. This is Philip's problem is well. You are talking
about something neither of us have have any personal knowledge or
experience with. Other than going out and buying the game and trying it
myself I really don't know  how exactly to design what you are talking
about outside of theory and what we have heard from you. Could you
perhaps record a section of game with you playing this, and then have
you explaining what is happening?
As for myself I'd like to try and add a feature like this to MOTA beta
11, but I'd need some rather specific help and suggestions on this. What
sounds would you recommend for each of the enemy creatures. What would
the timing be like with the input thread and the enemy AI thread so it
would insure the player plenty of time to block, avoid, or counter the
enemy attack.  How exactly would you block a fireball, lightning bolt,
or wolf bite. Sounds to me like those attacks are better avoided than
blocked. Just some things to ponder.

Smile.