The other problem with blind people playing the WII games is that one main idea of the WII is logging your stats, so as you get better your WII opponents get better. There is no way I have found to independently log my stats, so to the WII's"thinking" I never get better so it doesn't throw better and better adversaries. I'm afraid that sooner or later my opponents would get too easy and less fun.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Karl Belanger" <karl.belan...@gordon.edu>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 16, 2010 5:45 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] hey what games if any are accessible with the we?

Two games I have played which are accessible are Wii Sports and Punchout.
Wii Sports: The Baseball, Boxing, and Tennis can be completely accessible, and bowling and Golf can be done with some sighted assistance. Punchout: The game play in this is almost completely accessible. Every character makes some sort of either taunt or sound effect for almost every attack. From an accessibility standpoint, there are only two characters who have some challenges. I can outline them in more detail if you want. Navigating the menus in any WII game can be somewhat challenging, because if it does not let you use the arrows, you must point at the item you want. However, there is usually a sound effect and a slight vibration when you are selecting something. Also, the menus are static so you can memorize their locations.
HTH,
Karl