Hello.  How do you accept quests in entombed?

From: "dark" <d...@xgam.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2010 7:16 AM
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Retro Gaming

Well I certainly would be behind you on that one Tom, I'd love to see an audio version of Mega man or castlevania, in fact if the blastbay toolkit works out as I hope it will, I well might have a go at creating an audio version of turrican.

turrican would be my game of choice, partly because it's gameplay is both symple and complex. It has the large level size and exploration of Metroid, but tends to just work by blasting through many enemies, rather than a lot of complex collection of items.

Also, the famous thing about the series was it's music, and it'd be great to introduce that into the Vi gaming community, sinse I'd say that's what really got me into both games and weerd miner chords in one fell swoop.

Pluss, the fact that the creator has given his permission for freeware remakes to use music, ---- and indeed graffic tyles from the original games is actually pretty useful too.

The only really serious problem I can see with this, is truly representing the y access in a 2D game, knowing that there is an enemy or ledge above you on the right or left side. I've got some ideas about this but I'll probably write up an artical for audeasy about them.

Beware the grue!