Hi Dark,
Well, if I could find the sounds, music, etc to do it I might be
tempted to try a Turrican clone. I'd have to get m hands on an
original too to get a feel for the game play, but if I could fulfill
those requirements I'd give it a try with the Genesis Engine.As you
know from MOTA I think all of the necessary code is or will be in
place for a game like that.
As for enemies above or below you in MOTA pressing the v key will
announce where items and enemies are in relationship to you. If you
have a better way of doing this I'd like to hear it.