I can't say I'd actually have been interested in a game like that either. But it was sort of amusing when my mother's character would get depressed on a whim and fall asleep on the floor, thereby missing her ride to work. Or attempt to cook a meal and instead set the kitchen on fire. And the voice acting was all done in this funky fake language with subtitles for us English speakers.
Vender: No pizza. Only Khlav Kalash.
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2010 12:19 AM
Subject: [Audyssey] sims was Toc observation

I must confess I've never really seen the point of such games myself, I can see the point in something strategical such as sim city, but things like the sims have always struck me as basically a glorified tamagochi.

In terms of audio interface, ---- well there are already textual versions of such things (check out the alter ego game at http://www.theblackforge.net/ for instance, and there are probably others)..

I suppose something with audio events and acting could be created, ---- though as I said I must admit I've not really ever seen the point in such things myself, ---- I suppose though I've always been a bit more hard core in my gaming and wanted more exploration personally.

Of course, this isn't to say it's a bad idea, ---- just a concept i've never really found personally interesting, --- but that of course is just me.

Beware the grue!