From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of shaun everiss
Sent: Sunday, March 21, 2010 11:17 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Toc observation

hmmm well its good we are getting close to the sighted game in this way.
ofcause if we get close enough if we put graphics in the game but used the
same system then that would be good.
we would have to have a way of turning speech off though.
on that note if david or anyone wants me to do full voice overs for things
then it probably could be done some what.
Ofcause any city names that were not standard things would have to be done
by sapi but the rest looks semi fixed.
At 04:51 p.m. 22/03/2010, you wrote:
>Hi.
>
>The other mod on audiogames.net, -- Cx2, just made an interesting
observation about time of conflict which i probably should communicate.

>up until a few years ago, he had working eyeballs and was a mainstream
gamer, and particularly a fan of stratogy games.

>he actually said Toc's map and combat system was very reminiscent of
civilization, and would only need research, economy and building of your own
cities to be there.

>While I'm in no way suggesting david instantly goes off and creates another
game, ---- it's interesting that a game type and genre thought to be
mpossible in audio has now become possible, and in fact were someone to set
about making a civ or sim city type game, Toc has offered a good blueprint
as to what features an audio overview should have, ---- the same way the Gma
3D engine (thanks againn to david and phil), has shown how an audio fps view
should work, and Jason as shown how to create an audio top down rpg view
which switches to combat intermitantly and as Tom is greadually doing for
side scrollers.

>Also of course, if at some point in the future David did want to simply
modify Toc into a civilization or sim city type game with research,
technology etc, ---- well I for one wouldn't mind ;D.