Hi,
Sapi 5.3 is a core Windows component and if you are having troubles
with it you should reinstall it from your Windows installation cd if
you have one. You will need to go through the Programs and Features
option in the control panel and have it reinstall it from there.
Unfortunately, it has been a while since I have had to reinstall Sapi
5.3 on Vista and am not able to give you step by step instructions
here.