Hi.
Ok, I downloaded BGT 0.2 and started on porting the voiceover script from auto it. I have the audio portion of it sort of working, but I bumped into another problem. The concept is that it plays another sound before the other one has actually finished, making it a little more smooth, less gap between files, than typical voiceover scripts. However when I tell BGT to try doing that it interrupts the previously playing sound instead of starting the new sound without bothering the other. I think com audio uses buffers or channels or something to let you do this. Can BGT do it too? I thought about using two objects and switching back and 4th between them until BGT is able to support channels. For now I've resorted back to using your typical method of playing a sequence of speech sounds until I hear what I can do about this.

----- Original Message ----- From: "valiant8086" <valiant8...@lavabit.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2010 10:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] BGT Beta Version 0.2 released!

Hi.
I haven't downloaded and messed with this any, but it looks like I might possibly be able to begin using this now. It's just going to be really tough writing all this in one document. Going to get confusing. The issue is attempting to figure out how to process speech files while trying to run other code without skipping a beat clock wise. Darn, multithreading or co processing or what ever that term is would really shine in this situation.

I probably will have to write the voiceover script and then figure out how to make it so that it can be pasted into the main loop of a program instead of using it's own loop. Worse case senario is I write it, then if I fail to figure that out, ask for help from you or someone else who might know on including it in a main loop.

Now that you've impliminted length and position properties, asuming when I go trying to use them they turn out to be fast and reliable enough I should be able to make a ridiculously pause free sounding voiceover script. I imagine if I ever get it done I could submit it for other bgt users and just ask that my name gets put in somewhere for my efforts on it.

Starting to get a bit pumped up. I think some day I'm going to be able to produce stuff using BGT.

Regarding licensing, have you thought about some sort of shaired revenue type setup? This concept would be if I write a game and I sell say 11 coppies of it, for 25 dollars each, there's a contract/agreement that goes with the particular license I elected for that says you get say 10 15 20 25 what ever percent of my profit. Let's say it's 20 percent for now, 11 coppies times 25 dollars would be 275 dollars total. 20 percent of 275 is 55 dollars? So you'd get 55 and I'd get 190 some. Hopefully I'd sell a lot more than 11 coppies. Just wondered about that, could help in situations where people don't want to pay 800 dollars to get it.

Me personally I don't know anything about whether 800 is too high or too low, understanding it's a one time thing. I suppose a person could use the free version to write the game without compiler support, and if they know it's going to doo well somehow they can buy the license. Not sure how that's going to work. With thaqt 800 dollar senario, if I wrote a game and tried to sell it for 25 dollars, I would have to sell 32 coppies of it just to brake even on the first game. After that it'd be all up hill I suppose, except maybe paying for sound libraries and that sort of thing.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Philip Bennefall" <phi...@blastbay.com>