Hi Hayden,
Smile. You are in luck. As a history buff I can tell you exactly why
Athena has alternative spellings. It really all comes down to weather
or not the document was translated from Latain or Greek.
If the document was translated from Classical Greek you will usually
see it spelled as A t h e n a. If the document was translated from
Latain, Roman era, then you will see it spelled A t h e n e. Many
Greek gods, goddesses, and heroes have similar alternative spellings
depending on from what source it was translated.

HTH