Hi,
>From the manual...
"It would be way too easy if you could walk, climb or run everywhere you
needed to go. As it happens, you will need to jump over various obstacles
such as: fire, boiling lava pits, deep chasms or jump up to grab a rope.
When the control key is being held down, press one of the direction keys -
i, j, l, left arrow, right arrow or up arrow - to jump in that direction.

However, how far and high you can jump largely depends on a couple of
factors. First, if you are carrying a weapon such as a gun or sword, you
will need to sheath or holster it before jumping to reach the maximum height
and distance possible. Second, you can often jump further if you are
swinging off of a rope to a ledge or out into the middle of a room. Remember
to give yourself enough room to successfully clear the ceiling when swinging
off of a rope.

"
Granted this is a little extra than what's needed here, but thepoint is that
you need to holster your weapons before jumping, and in MOTA in general
youalwayswant to do thiswhen jumping.
Best Regards,
Hayden

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of MissWings
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2010 10:00 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Help with MOTA.

Yep, I did that, but all that happened was me jumping up and down, I
think!  I managed to pull the lever okay, but I'm still stuck on how
to get past the rope and thus past the dead end message a little ways
further on in the level ... it's probably something really obvious,
but after reading the manual again and looking in the game help I
can't figure out where I'm going wrong at.   It doesn't sound like
the rope is swinging, so I'm trying to center it in my headphones and
jump up to grab it, but I'm not getting anywhere.  I'm hoping this is
on topic for the list and that no one minds reading a beginning
player's messages!  So far I like the game, now I just have to figure
out how to play it!