While fan created missions wqould be nice, i'd be happy with you writing expantion packs of say 10 missions each for the game and selling them as extras myself provided that this would be possible with your various other projects.

As we've said before, expantion packs are a great way for a developer to get the most out of one game, and for players to have a larger, more complex experience playing..

Beware the grue!

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2010 1:52 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] startrek games

Hi Clement,
Yes and no. It all depends on how I designed the game.
First, in order to create a mission parcer like what Lone Wolf has  I
would have to abandon prerecorded speech altogether and use Sapi
support or Jaws/Window-Eyes APIs to speak the game content.  As my
opinions about using Sapi is well known, it being more trouble than it
is worth, I wouldn't necessarily want to go that route.
Second, if we go with this new style of game I'd just assume to go
ahead and use the Genesis Engine for creating the game. While that
makes it easier for me as a developer I'm not going to hand over the
level editor to the engine as that is not public software. That is for
my use only, and what I use to create new content for my future games.
In short whatI'd have to do to make that reality is create a
completely new engine using Sapi or screen reader output, and then add
some way to script it using Angelscript, Javascript, or something else
for adding new levels. I honestly don't want to go that far with it.