You've almost got it right. A line goes from north to south, another from west to east, and the third goes from up to down, like climbing a wall.

---
Shepherds are the best beasts!
----- Original Message ----- From: "Nicol" <nicoljaco...@telkomsa.net>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2010 12:01 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Important MOTA News

HI Tom
Yeah, makes sense somewhat.
Although, on paper it is not possible to draw a line going up in the air? Is
it?
On paper the vertical line is the line going from north to eastt and the
horizontal line is going from south to west?
Then you get the diagonal line that goes oblique.
So with a 3d game like you are creating, do I need a keybord with 6 arrow
keys?
Do I understand you correctly?
In your 3d game  I will move east and west with my left and right arrow
keys, norrrrrth and south with my up and down arrow keys and from floor to
ceiling with yet another 2 additional arrow keys?