Hi Tom and all,
So I finally find time to install Beta 16 of MOTA, and what an impressive list
of changes. Spikes, fires and chasms all seem to have warning ledges now,
which I really like. The only problems I have come across so far are:
Sometimes when you press Alt plus an arrow key to jump, it interferes with some
sort of menu. Though I don't have a screenreader loaded at the time, my
Windows sound scheme makes a sound when any sort of menu pops up, and it was
making that click every time I walked. As soon as I pressed Alt again, the
menus disappeared. A minor inconvenience, but I thought it should be noted.
The other thing is, I was viewing a room and saw a small chasm on level 2.
Therefore I jumped when I heard the crumbling ledge and subsequently got killed.
This makes me think that either it was supposed to be a large chasm, or the
length of this particular chasm meant I couldn't jump over it for some reason.
Other than that, its performance has greatly improved since the last version I
tried, and I am very impressed with the new sounds. The new layout confused
me for a while, but that I shall get used to in time. The one thing I will ask
is, what happened to the water? I loved swimming past that waterfall. Heheh.
Regards,
Damien.