I do not ever see a console being availible we can use totally
independently.  It's just something we have to deal with and accept.

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2010 12:00 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Accessable game concels

Hi Charles,

Unfortunately, I don't know of any mainstream console like that. All of them
require some sighted assistance when you are starting out.
Even if it is just to have someone read off the menus so you can braille
them up for later reference and things like that.

However, as been said many times fighting games like Street Fighter, MK vs
DC, and things like that can be successfully played on your own once you get
the hang of the various moves, menus, and other basics like that out of the
way.

Unfortunately, games I like to play such as Tomb Raider Underworld can't be
played without sighted assistance because the levels are too complex. They
are fully 3d with Lara Croft having to climb walls, polls, jump over pits,
and all kinds of stuff that makes it difficult to do without both sight and
dead on accuracy. Sometimes I have to hand the controller to my wife to get
passed a certain trap etc as I simply can't do it without sight. So any kind
of 3d third-person game isn't something for us to play. Not really unless
you have sighted asistance. Fighting games like Street Fighter are managable
though.