Hi Charles,

Ah, that would be Kidnapped. That was a great text game for the Apple
II. If I could remember how to play it I could probably whip up a copy
in Python. This could turn into a classic case of going down memory
lane.

Interesting thing about this is with all the high tech games full of
sound, vidio, suppport for game controllers, etc we often forget how
fun and entertaining the classic text games were like Oregon Trail,
Kidnappped, Dungeon, Goldmine, the Infocom text adventures, that
proceeded all the glam of modern vidio games or audio games for that
matter. I spent a many happy hours in front of an Apple II-E playing
Oregon Trail, Kidnapped, and the rest of the classic text games. Which
is partly why I'm using them as demonstration games. Not only will
they aid new programmers, but they are fun and exciting text games
too.