Hi Jim,

You wouldn't necessarily have to write 52 if statements to check if a
certain card has been picked before. You can just create an array of
type boolean, and loop through the array to see if a certain card has
been picked before. For example, it might look like this.

picked = True

while picked == True:

    card = random.randrange(0, 51)

    #If this card has been picked before
    #continue looping until we get a new card
    if drawn[card] == True:
        picked = True
    #End if

    #If the card hasn't been picked before
    #select it and exit the loop
    if drawn[card] == False:
        drawn[card] = True
        picked = False
    #End if
#End while

As you can see there are ways of avoiding writing 52 if statements if
you make maximum use of arrays and loops. There are usually ways to
simplify a task if you give it some thought.

Smile.