Hi Thomas,
I should make a fix the furnace game.
Part one, the furnace sounds like it's haunted, stopping and starting ten times a minute.
Part two, It dies and there is no heat.
Step three, We run out to Target to buy electric heaters.
Step four, We blow the circuit breakers running the electric heaters.
Step five, We get a friend in to look at the furnace.
Step six, He can't figure out what is wrong.
Step seven, We get professionals in and they diagnose the problem.
Step eight, While the part is under warrantee, the shipping, installation, and cost of electric heaters is not.
Step nine We wait a week for the part to arrive.
Step ten we wait for the installer to arrive.
Step eleven, we wait while the part is installed.
Step twelve, They looked at the old part and it looks fine.
Could be microscopic cracks that open up only when the part is hot.
Step thirteen, The furnace is working but we have a dusty dirty house with lots of boxes and packing materials from the new part, the new flue, the new cap and the three electric heaters.
So that's what I've been doing for Thanksgiving.
Sounds a little like Alice's Restaurant!
smiles,
Phil