Hi Thomas,
As far as name registrations go it doesn't have to be a matter of physically cracking the game. It could simply be that there is a customer who gives a key to a friend and thereby leaves room for that friend to pass around the key until it eventually gets to a website maintainer who puts it up for download. Is it really worth making it different for each game just in case all of your customers are honest enough to keep their key to themselves? It's like Philip's article says, if they're going to crack it, they're going to crack it anyway regardless.
Regards,
Damien.

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 19, 2010 6:29 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Registration features of BGT

Hi Muhammed,

It really comes down to basic security. As Philip explained in his
article the more generic you make your registration system the easier
it is to crack not just one of your games, but all of them with one
simple crack. With an automated security system the registration
process, I.E. the formula for creating registration keys, has to be
fairly generic in principle. If someone should ever figure out the
right formula/process they can create a quick and dirty random
generator that not only cracks game x, but will consistantly work for
all of your games. Since I create a new random key generator on a per
game basis I can at least be assured the same key won't be used for
two different products, and a cracker will  have to figure out the
means of how I generated that key on a per game basis. It is far from
a full proof system, but I'll make them work harder to discover how I
did it. In short, it adds a little more security to a weak security
system.