Hi Thomas,
In all fairness I have had no trouble at all with Notepad - I even used that as opposed to the IDE when I used to use VB. I use it for my installers, my BGT scripts, my Jaws scripts and everything else I code with. There is actually a go to feature in Notepad, you just have to have wordwrap turned off. Editing multiple files I find easier to have multiple windows open. As far as spellcheckers are concerned, I have a lot against them, but that's another topic entirely.
Regards,
Damien.

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2011 4:22 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] BGT problem!

Hi Hayden,

Well, Notepad lacks a number of features that other text editors out
there have. For example, the text editor I often use on Linux called
Gedit has a spell checker, a dictionary, can edit multiple text files
at once, and a number of other tools and plugins that just makes it an
all around better text editor than Notepad. When it comes to
programming being able to open up multiple source files at once really
really comes in handy.

Of course, there are Windows text editors just as good. A text editor
like Ultraedit has a number of features that makes it better than
Notepad for programming. One it has a goto option that allows you to
jump directly to a specific line number which is helpful for
debugging. Ultraedit can handle multiple source files at once rather
than having to launch a new copy of the program every time you want to
open an extra file in the editor. Ultraedit can import and export text
files to and from Windows, Mac, and Linux which is a huge advantage
when sharing text files between different operating systems. Need I
continue?

Bottom line, Notepad is very limited. It doesn't have nearly the
features and capabilities of other text editors like Textpad,
Ultraedit, Gedit, you name it. It is pretty much a very simplistic
text editor without a lot of features, and if you plan on using a text
editor for programming you'll eventually find there are just features
you need to have that Notepad dosn't have and can't supply.

HTH

Hi,
Considering the fact that we're looking for a basic text editor I'd like to
know w why notepad is so "horrible"

Best Regards,
Hayden