My one possible guess would be that, maybe it has something to do with old visions of technology - talking computer should sound like/sounds better when it sounds like a guy from some movie like revenge of the nerds...?

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2011 7:48 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] eloquence was, Re: Screen reader support in BGT

This is a very weerd point, ---- even a female friend I know says the same thing as well. I'm sure freud would have a field day with it, though as this is supposed to be a family friendly list I won't start speculating on what he might've said ;d.

The deffinition of a freudian slip: "Say one thing and mean your mother!" ;D.

Btw, I can't speak for the kepstral or at&T voices sinse I'm not familiar enough with them, but I've even found this with amazingly good synths like the seerprock ones which are some of the best I know.

That's why I tend to stick with scansoft daniel and his nice, bbc news reader voice ;D.

Beware the Grue!