Hi Philip,

Yeah, I know. That's why when I created the Genesis 3D engine I
compiled it as an dll library. My thinking was that someone would like
to use a programming language that they know be it C++, C# .net,
Visual Basic .net, and just include the g3d.dll file in a project,
initialize the classes, and away they go. It gives someone the ccore
functionality for input, audio, speech, networking, whatever without
having to reinvent the wheel so to speak.At the same time since it
isn't bound to any specific language or wysiwyg editor a developer is
free to create games in his/her own way.

Unfortunately, there is a few, not many, but a few people who want a
fully automated system, some sort of wysiwyg editor, that just does
everything for them. Instead of taking the time to learn how to
program or script that game they want a simple tool to do this for
them. However, as you pointed out there is really no way this can be
done without having x number of games that are virtually identical to
each other. Oh, the sounds might be different, levels might be
different, but game play and so on will be fairly identical from game
to game. This was one of the major short-comings of Audio Game Maker.
You had no way to modify the enemy A.I. or anyway to extend the
functionality of any specific game object. It is a classic case of
what you see is what you get.

For myself personally I think what you are doing is the right thing.
It is possible once I get MOTA and Raceway out the door I'll modify
the engine to use a scripting language like Lua, Angelscript, or
something like that so I can just script the games instead of using a
language like C++ to build games. However, that is down the road.

Smile.