Hi Ken,

That's precisely why I have created G3D as a managed library. I
realize that languages like C++ or even Angelscript isn't for
everybody. Two years ago when I started writing the Genesis Engine,
before BGT came along, there was some interest in VB .net. I myself
was using C# .net at the time. I realized thanks to .net I could write
an engine, compile it as a dll, and simply plug it into Visual C++,
Visual C#, Visual Basic, or Visual J and have access to a game engine
using whatever language I desired to use. The sky is the limit.

While I appreciate BGT, think it is a great game engine, you only have
Angelscript to use and for someone using Visual Basic that can be a
big transition. Genesis 3D, on the other hand, allows you to use any
existing programming skills and use them provided the language is
compatible with the library. So I wrote the current version as a
managed .net library in C++.

The other reason I rote G3D the way I did is I like C# .net. I have
Windows 7 so I already have .net 4.0 preinstalled with the OS.
However, I don't want to install a bunch of extra packages like SlimDX
just to access DirectX and so on. No problem G3D wraps DirectX, Sapi,
etc giving me immediate access to Windows C++ game libraries without
any middleware other than g3d.dll.  If I wanted to I could write a
managed .net wrapper for OpenAL and use that other than DirectSound or
XAudio2. It is as you say the best of both worlds.