Hi Damien,

Right. Generally they aren't the kind of thing you can just go in and
buy from any electronics store etc. I think I got my set from
Amazon.com, but other online retailers should cary them as well. The
last time I looked at them they started at around $99 USD and went up
from there. Price  depended on if you wanted wireless, a boom
microphone, and some other features like that.

Unlike a normal set of headphones these plug into your USB port and
act as a seperate audio playback device on your computer. They are
also pretty  big with three speakers in each ear. I suppose that is so
they can properly do the 5.1 surround sound. Beyond that I can't
really tell you about the current headphones as I haven't looked at
them in a long while.

Cheers!