Hi Dark,

Dark wrote:

I've finally got to try this one, and I deffinately like, especially
the larger level
layout and the fact you actually need to use your brain, also the
increase in enemies
was very nice to see.

My reply:

Glad you like it. Beta 17 was basically a testbed of someof the ideas
and concepts I'll be introducing in beta 18. here will be a few more
enemies, timed locks, a couple of extra traps on level 1. Level 2, of
course,will have more of the same. So MOTA is definitely growing more
complex now that I have the time to focus on the game specifically.

Dark wrote:

First, miner bug. the invisible platform (which it's great to see make
a return),
didn't have a name in the view room menue, I just got a blank menue itme with no
speech, but it did tell me where it was.

My reply:

Yeah, a couple of people have reported that one. I'm still trying to
figure out why that happens and fix it.

Dark wrote:

Then, as a slight sound matter, the cyclopse and zombi are a litle
similar currently
and I wasn't actually sure which one I was doing in, sinse generally I
went on the
basis of "hear footsteps, ---- kill!"
Perhaps something different for the zombie in addition to it's steps, like mones
and grones or shouting of braaaaines! or whatever the ancient Griek is
for braaains!

My reply:

I really don't know how to help you there. the Cyclops foot steps are
deeper and sound like a bigger footstep than a zombie. You just have
to listen more carefully. Another thing that might help is 99% of the
time it will be a zombie since they are basic enemies and the Cyclops
is a level boss. So isn't going to just show up just anywhere in the
game.

Dark wrote:

I do wonder though if certain weapons should be in specific levels,
just to preserve a
sense of mystery, and also give you stronger weapons for stronger monsters.

My reply:

I don't know. I've been thinking of that quite a lot. Problem is that
playing on beginner is fine with just the pistol, dagger, and/or the
bow. However, when playing on something like expert you definitely
need a uzi or shotgun to clear the level of monsters. It is a serious
balancing issue on higher difficulties, and the one reason I haven't
restricted those weapons to say level 3 and above.  Play expert a
while and let me know what you think of taking the shotgun and uzi out
of level 1.