On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 01:46:27AM +0000, Scott Chesworth wrote:
> Dunno if it's fair to say that Linux is the only market trying to make
> their system fully accessible,

        Oh, I know Mac and Windows are working toward the same goals,
but since I know little about it, I feel I don't really have the right
to comment.  I can see what the NVDA project is doing for Windows, but I
haven't really seen what JAWS and Window Eyes can do for Windows, except
in brief demonstration snatches, and I think Mickeysoft dropped the ball
NVDA has taken up for them, especially since Mickeysoft is trying to
rule the Internet for the big-business pukes.

        Narrator is only a drop in the bucket, and shipping Windows only
with their disgusting Microsoft Sam voice when there are much better
voices available for free from their website, just makes me want to
shove their Installation CD's where the sun don't shine.  I had to spend
$150 for Win XP Home from Comp USA, because I didn't have Internet
access to Amazon, so I don't feel I owe them one thing more for the
piece of crap they sold me.  Especially when you can hack their
licensing configuration and have it access 128G's of RAM and who knows
how much in memory stick size, rather than being stuck with 4G's of RAM
and 32G's of memory stick size.  They did it so they could sell the
exact same program to someone else for thousands, making them feel like
they've been sold something special, when it's just the same thing
everyone else has with the locks removed.  Microsoft is pulling off the
biggest rip-off of the public ever made, and I hate, Hate, HATE
swindlers.

                                Michael

--
Linux User:     177869 # Powered By: Intel # http://rivensight.dyndns.org