Hi Tom.

While I appreciate your comment on ameter vs professional voice acting, I'm not quite as convinced the cutoff is so absolute.

The brutus recordings for tdv and the one I gave Phil for stan shunpike in Sarah were done on my rowland R09 voice recorder, which actually cost close to 200 usd when i bought it.

The actual reason I have it is so that I can record people reading me articals for my Phd, and thus got it as part of my original equipment grant, so I'm quite confident in it's mikes.

It is also small enough to carry into a quiet room away from my computer, though if I were doing a podcast that wouldn't obviously be possible.

i know for instance Bryan has a similar machine, and other people might as well, and thus would be able to approach similar levels in terms of noise cutoff etc.

Beware the grue!