De: "dark" <d...@xgam.org>
Para: "Ken the Crazy" <kenwdow...@neo.rr.com>,"Gamers Discussion list"
<gamers@audyssey.org>
Data: Sexta, 25 de Março de 2011 10:36
Assunto: Re: [Audyssey] collection of accessible emulators for the blind

Well Ken, Mame if I remember rightly stands for multiple arcade machine
emulator.

Thus, the rom's you can run on it are only those of arcade games, be that
Tron, the simpsons beat em up or something else.

Sinse back in the 80's and 90's, many games like golden axe and double
dragon also had ports on consoles like the Snes and Mega drive, this means
there are some duplications sinse games like double dragon came out as
coinops on those systems, though there are often advantages in playing games
both on the arcade system and on the console version.

for instance, Arcade golden axe has better sound and graphics than any of
it's console ports, however Mega drive golden axe has a duel mode, a last
level, and far more options in the game.

Then of course there were many games that never had arcade originals
before, --- -Mario brothers 2, the Turrican series, the donkey Kong country
games on the snes etc, so you won't find these on mame.

Myself, Mame is the only emulator I've ever got into running being as I
personally own a snes and mega drive anyway, and playing on the original
console is far easier than running emulators.

i've also done amigar emulation, though only to play original turrican games
sinse Amigar emulation (as your emulating an actual computer not just a
games system), is far more complicated.

Generally I find emulators extremely buggy and tempramental, and some roms
may or may not work, so though I've had some fun playing a couple of arcade
classics like the Turtles walk along beat em up game and arcade double
dragon, it's not something I tend to bother with, ---- especially
considdering that a lot of ports of older games are available in far more
stable versions on consoles, for instance the Nes classics series on the
gameboy advanced which I can run on my gamecube through the gba player.

Running old games is chiefly what I'd be interested in getting a wii for,
though as I've said I've never found a sufficiently workable way of using
the annoying menues enough to run a game once I had it.

Beware the Grue!