Hi Chris,

All I can say is best of luck. Although, Python might look simple its
proving to be an incredably powerful programming language as a whole.
To date I can name two fully feature screen readers NVDA and Orca
written in pure Python. There are a few accessible games  like
SoundRTS as well as many mainstream games written in Python.  There
are general applications from general scripts all the way up to fully
featured apps like podcatcher software written in Python. Its
certainly worth looking at if the C-Style languages turns you off.

Cheers!