Hi Ryan,

As I'm someone also looking for a cross-platform version of the game
may I ask what APIs you are using etc? I might be able to help you get
Linux compatibility going here since I have Python 2.6 and PyGame
installed on this system. I also have FMOD Ex installed, but I don't
have PySonic installed since I couldn't get it to compile on Linux for
some reason. In addition, I have SFML and PySFML installed. I also
have PyTTS installed for direct text to speech using Python 2.6. That
pretty much covers most of the cross-platform libraries you might be
using. If you need any help I'd be more than willing to see this
project become a cross-platform capable version. Lord knows we don't
have enough of those. Since you have decided on Python, which is very
cross-platform compatible, I say go for it.

Cheers!