What exactly was philip's first game????

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 24, 2011 3:29 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Unleash Your Potential!

Hi Ryan.

that actually sounds like a lot to me personally, though i know things like adding different opponents and making them distinct will be quite a stretch.

stil it's nice to know where you are with this.

As I said, on principle I don't announce games from new developers until there is either a recorded audio demonstration, or a playable demo just to make certain there is no delay problem, however it actually sounds like the project is progressing well.

As for game complexity, well sinse I was a private alpha tester for entombed, I actually remember the point when the game only had one dungeon floorwith just goblins as enemies and only one sort of weapon or armour. All you could do was walk around, initiate a fight and hit things.

then, look at light tech interactive, rs games or philip bennifall. all started with something comparatively simple and went on from there (and in Philips' case, a loooong! way).

So long as you don't have an expectation that a basic arcade sterrio shooter, bog standard turn based numeric dice combat or a guess the number game will be seen as ground breaking, be up there with the likes of Shades of doom and be played by many people the way some people in the past have.

As a friend of mine who is now a professional software engineer has often said, Game programming is hard, but it is not impossible.

Beware the Grue!