well lets not forget the ones that can't.
My grandpa is in that age group 80 pluss.
He can't even remember simple commands.
When he doesn't know whats going on he switches off the system or randomly pushes buttons to the point where I have to stay by the system or go out with him for a bit hoping it finnishes whatever or it will get stuffed.

Hi Dark.

I agree with every one of your points, and it was certainly not my intent to
imply that all persons in their 60's or older are useless or computer
illiterate.  Quite the oposite in fact, this is the point I make very day to
my students most of whom are in that age group that many many seniors are
embracing this technology and there is no reason whatsoever why they should
not do so as well.  My main reason for bringing up the demographics is
merely to point out that many though certainly not all people in that age
group either feel that the whole gaming thing is something for the younger
people or they are simply not interested.  Most of them are not going to go
out and buy a copy of something like Shades of Doom or Mota even assuming
they know that these things exist.  Yes I know there are going to be
exceptions but these organizations work on trends and statistics and
numbers.

Oh I totally agree with you about the asabat stuff I would not pay anything
for it even if I had any interest in card games, nor would I let any of my
students waste their money.

Lastly yes I agree that we need to do whatever we can to at least try to
alter the situation.

Best regards and game on.

Tom