To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2011 3:12 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] don't draw attention? Sheesh! - Re: The importance ofpatronage

I have known people that would not use a cane or a dog because it made them, heh heh heh, look blind? One of them used to walk past a gas station on a regular basis, and he got a bit side tracked one day and fell into a grease pit. A guy came running out of the station yelling, "Hey! Are you OK?" After being assured that he was, the guy then asked, "Why the heck, although he used another word, don't you use a dog or a cane?" The guy told him that it would draw attention to the fact that he was blind. The response? "Oh. In that case, are you bombed? What are you doing in that grease pit? What are you, blind or something?" To me, these kind of people should receive a Darwin award after their importance of appearance has killed them. I'm not ashamed of my blindness. The fact is, I'm blind. I'm mobile. That's what Carolina's for. She's a good German Shepherd Guide Dog. I don't care if people notice that I'm blind, because it's a fact.

---
Shepherds are the best beasts!