I think Philip is hoping to go cross platform at some point. I think the main reason he hasn't is because at the moment Windows is still the main gaming OS most blind folks use.
We are the Knights who saaaaay...Ni!
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2011 11:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] bgt and pipe2

Hi Nicol,

Absolutely. Its very possible. BGT is pretty much able to create any
kind of game you can imagine and then some. Of course, what you can
create really is only limited to your own individual skills and
programming ability. Once you learn the BGT language, Angelscript, you
are pretty much set to write everything from the worlds simplest BopIt
clone to something as complex as a MMO/RPG like Star Wars The Old
Republic. In the right hands BGT can be a very powerful tool.

As a software developer myself the only drawback or complaint I
personally have with BGT is it isn't cross-platform. However, as of
the latest version of my G3D engine I now have an engine that fulfills
that need. So if it weren't for the fact I needed cross-platform
support for Linux I'd probably buy and use BGT myself instead of
writing my own game engine.

HTH