Well what I have seen is That with the event of bgt, a load of teams have started. Loads of indipendant teams mainly opensource hackers have released loads of stuff.
The language is sertainly versitile.
This along with those that have started in python and with the games from game madness, apron, etc have probably releaved preasure from the main companies which I am happy.