Hi Ron,

Agreed. There are a number of classic 2d platformers that haven't been
explored before. As for Asteroids that is definitely something on my
todo list. Although, my Asteroids version will be a bit more advanced
than the original.

One reason I say that is now that I have a fully qualified 3d game
engine Asteroids is exactly the kind of game that could put it to use.
Outerspace, like everything else, is 3d, and since there are no mazes
etc it should be fairly easy enough to get to grips of flying a
spacecraft around in a 3d environment. Of course, there will be
massive Asteroids floating around you will have to avoid hitting and
the ocational UFO trying to blow you out of space. However, the game
will be more or less like a space flying simulation than the classic
arcade game. At least, that is the plan.

Cheers!