well I havn't bothered myself, but generally when home I have the laptop hooked up to at least 2 external hard drives, a usb scanner, printer and fan unit so battery is not a issue for me though I'd have to make the stuff go away and the system gets hot with games going.
At 02:57 a.m. 16/06/2011, you wrote:
wow.this has generated quite a bit of discussion. guess there are lots of people interested in this.Maybe it's just me who thinks so, but if someone made such a program and it worked successfully, the programmer could probably sell it for a few bucks and make some decent amount of cash. not only will people want this for piece of mind, but also like some of you pointed out, to save on battery power. laptop batteries die real fast as some of you probably know hehehe. really sucks that there doesn't seem to be a way to do it though. I'd try that external monitor trick, but I've no idea where I can find the manual for this laptop. anyone know if there's a site that contains laptop manuals?

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 5:31 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] A question for Aprone

Hi Yohandy,

I don't believe what you want to do is possible based on my
understanding of the Windows API. You can put a  laptop display to
sleep to save battery power etc, but Windows is designed to wake up
the display as soon as someone presses a key or moves the mouse
around. You forget, I think, that someone sighted would have no use
for such a program as you describe, and therefore that functionality
was never built into the Windows API to begin with let alone programs
to disable the display.

There is however an alternative way to get what you want. Someone
could lower the brightness on the display, darken it, so that the text
is harder to read unless you are very close to the display. That might
prevent any snooping over your shoulder.

HTH