I've been brainstorming some different ways I might be able to set up
prioritizing tasks.  After all of the AI trouble with the temporary jobs, I'm a
little unsure if I should undertake another huge AI overhaul though.  For the
moment, remember that you can turn off the resupplying of buildings by pressing
Enter on them, then backspace.  I find this is a great way to keep my peasants
from doing stuff that I suddenly consider low priority.  When you disable the
stuff you don't need, that puts more workers out there doing the stuff you Do!
need.

Just don't forget to turn the buildings back on after, lol.