HI Dark,

I suppose. Although, as you said yourself there are plenty of people
who would turn down a good gamebook adventure simply on the grounds
that he or she has to roll their own dice and keep track of their
stats. Its not such a big deal for me either if I have GMA Dice handy
and notepad, Excel, whatever open and ready to store my character
stats.

That said, I've had thoughts of creating some custom gamebooks
involving DC Comics and Marvel Comics super heroes that pick up with
the game books I once had in the 80's and 90's when they were big.
Well, I'm concerned if I just do them in html which is easy as pie to
do there is quite a lot of gamers that would summarily reject them on
the grounds that they have to roll their own dice, manually keep track
of a character stat sheet, etc just like they would if they were
playing the classic paper and pen games. Therefore to me it seems
logical since I have the skill to add that automatic functionality to
my gamebooks. Still, there is a lot of advantage in not doing all that
work and just writing it in html or whatever.

Cheers!