Hi Dark,

Makes sense. You are use to keeping track of your stats were some of
us, myself included, have gotten lazy over the years. It takes extra
work to take the dice roll, add any bonus points to it, divide by 10,
and subtract 2 etc. Its not complicated math, but if I can have a
computer calculate a combat roll in milliseconds compared to me
punching the stats into the calculater and calculating it so much the
better. It makes the game go faster and doesn't break up the fflow for
me having to calculate the stats and then write them down in Excel or
whatever I'm using to keep track of my character stats. That's why I
think whatever gamebooks I ever produce will involve some kind of
scripting.

That said, I don't particularly have a problem rolling my own dice and
keeping a character sheet if the story or game is good enough. After
all its that sense of adventure and fun that is the real attraction to
any gamebook. Who knows I might create a rough draft of my ideas in
say html and submit my own gamebook ideas for publication as well.

Cheers!