Hi Raul,

Well, working with public betas is something of a two-edged sword.

On the one side, it has been extremely helpful. I've had a wide range
of testers who have found bugs, problems, and so on. working with the
same people who will be playing MOTA 1.0 has resolved a lot of design
issues early on and helped me get things right before 1.0. So rather
than releasing one or two major betas in which I might have to rewrite
or correct a bunch of code at once I chose to break it down into
smaller beta cycles and fix things as I go.

On the other side, though, some people have been immature about the
process. Some people demand their own way, want the game right now,
insist on modding it, or whatever. I suppose every developer
encounters a few bad apples now and then, and the best a developer can
do is take the good with the bad. Find out if the value of public
input is worth putting up with the bad apples too.

Smile.