Yeah, but creating golf courses, monopoly boards and trivia files is one thing. It's quite another when you get into replacing a game's sounds and music. It's like I said. I may not give a rat's buttcheeks about free titles I make but you can bet that if I make any commercial games the sounds and music are going to be encripted.
We are the Knights who saaaaay...Ni!
----- Original Message ----- From: "shaun everiss" <sm.ever...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 5:05 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] mota beta 22 thoughts

Well jim, you have allowed some modding of ambiences on golf after a sertain number.
Ofcause its up to a dev on what is modded and if they will let it slide.
Ie final conflict 1.2, has at least one or 2 mods.
lonewolf has one.
Superliam has one maybe 2 and I know that shades has at least one I know of.
Its all up to the developer on weather they care enough.
But I realise how this could change.
Example.
I made some gard noises for shoot da me by rsgames.
These were used by keywasfull on battlezoon as well as others without my permition. Aparently they came from oriol but he could have got it from somewhere else.
I had 3 choices.
1.  To kick up a fuss.
or 2 to try to find out
or 3 nothing or just release the pack.
I am not a guy to start fusses.
I actually liked my sounds in the game mentioned.
Sdm had not been developed for a bit pluss my sounds never played right through seeming to cut off in the middle though they served their purpose. They were recorded with cheap gear and I was not concerned with where they came from. And I was happy they were being used that and only one of them was used anyway and they were generic noises. i guess I could have made sfx for that game to even it but I just did not mind to much.
However some may have.
My other major reason was I could go at what I thought pirated my stuff.
But then if it was more than that there would be a possability I'd never find the origional source and the flame would be pointless. With the net you could never find the leak unless you really wanted it that much.
And even if I found the leak well its not like they were sold or anything.
But I do understand when you don't want sounds.
Though as I said jim you have allowed most games to be modded in some way.
Golf ambiences, trivias question files, golfs courses and monopoly's boards are just a few.
And I have made my own mods for games.
The night of parasite game and mine sweaper by the same person I modded not the game or sounds themselves but the installers because the installers the game had triggered my av program. Its fair though that I did send my mod code and reasons to the author explaining my reasons for the adjustment.