HI Charles,

Ah, well, what a person should do and will do is often two completely
different things. Most people are in a hurry to install the game, find
reading legal documents like licence agreements boring, so they choose
to skip it not knowing they are bound by law to that agreement weather
they read it or not. Plus since license agreements tend to be worded
in rather legalistic terms, for legal purposes, some people might have
trouble understanding all the terms of the agreement. Still, all the
same, anyone should be able to get the jist of the agreement.

For instance, take the entire modification issue. It doesn't take
rocket science to understand the terms of the Mysteries of the
Ancients licence regarding this issue. It reads, "You may not modify,
reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the software except and
only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by
applicable
law notwithstanding this limitation."

That's pretty clear. Basically, unless there is some law that grants
you the right to modify or change the software in any way you can not
freely modify the software. If you create a sound pack, create custome
music packs, whatever you are in breach of license unless I say that
particular modification is ok. Which pretty much limits the types of
modifications I will legally allow.

Of course, I'm pretty reasonable in most cases. If someone wants to
create speech files for the game in a foreign language in French,
German, Spanish, whatever I'm not going to object to that kind of
modification because it is a necessary modification for that person's
native language. If someone needs to raise or lower sounds to hear
better I wouldn't object to that either. Those are reasonable
modifications all to the good.