Hi Dark,

Good point, but that is part of the problem for us I think. Since
there are no graphics to speak of its difficult to completely transfer
the right image via sound. I know in just sorting through my extensive
sound library for monster sounds I'm having troubles finding a sound
that is particularly scary.

For instance, take a werewolf. We could use generic wolf sounds which
would work, but sounds too common. I could use a really vicious
sounding dog, but its not beastly enough for mine. So even though I
have sounds that could or would work I'm looking for something truly
beastly and evil sounding, but can't find anything that really fits
the bill. The mutant dogs in Shades of Doom are too tame for what I
have in mind for a really good werewolf sound.

Other creatures I'd like to create escapes me altogether in terms of
sound. One creature I have in mind is the evil undead Sorceress from
the Stoneback Hill adventure in Sryth. The one in the room with the
box with the false bottom in it. I always thought that sorceress would
make a great game vilain in an audio game.

The problem is that a human voice screaming etc sounds to alive to be
an undead creature without lots of alterations. Using rattling bones
is rather sexless and has no gender to them. So I need to think of
some way to create something that sounds both inhuman and is
unmistakably female. Kind of a tall order since I don't know what I
need to create something that sinister.

Cheers!