Making this game a 3D game would not only give us something new, but also give us a new environment, so that's the way I'd vote. Go for the 3D. It might also give feedback as what's going to maybe have to be worked on in the 3D version of MOTA. Thanks.

---
"Security is not the absence of danger.  It is the presence of the Lord."

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 5:35 AM
Subject: [Audyssey] USA Games Halloween Project

Hi everyone,

As of this morning I have started work on a game for Halloween. I'm
thinking of something loosely based on the popular Castlevania series
by Nintendo. As there isn't anything like this for the VI audio games
community I felt it would be a nice break from MOTA, and something we
can all enjoy for the Halloween season. Since the G3D engine is now at
1.0 stable it shouldn't take too long to produce a basic game within a
couple of weeks. The only question I have for you guys is format.

Now, I am well aware the original Castlevania series were all
side-scrollers. I am tempted to do that given that it would fit the
genre, but I'm also eager to sink my teeth into a full 3d environment.
After all, the G3D engine was specifically designed for 3d FPS style
game play. So here is the question.

Would you guys and girls prefer a full 3d FPS type game, or would you
like a 2d side-scroller more or less based on Castlevania?

Thanks.