To: "'Gamers Discussion list'" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 12:47 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Swamp reflections.

I don't like the idea of not hearing a zombie if I'm using a pistol.  When
using the pistol, I need to be able to track multiple targets at long
distance, so I can plan my stalking to get into range.  I've suggested
shift-left-click, as its ergonomically easy given how we play, and it's
close to the firing command so should be easy to remember.

Actually, I've just had a brain wave. Combine the range indicator and sound alteration concepts. When you hit the range indicator, the sound changes to
reflect your weapon's range.  If you're listening to a zombie, and
shift-click, and the zombie sound disappears for a moment, you know it's out of range. Again, this would also solve the walls problem, feel less like it
sticks out and actually enhance the game feel, or so I think.

Chris Bartlett