Hi Dark. I can tell you that hear in Canada the cnib is just like the rnib in the uk it is hard to get them to do anything and they just care about old people. there is a vary good book on this topic cald The Politicks of Blindness by a blind guy who is from the uk and he now lives in Canada and works as a phisieo therapist. the intro to this book is written by David blunket. from Mich. ----- Original Message ----- From: "dark" <d...@xgam.org>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, November 25, 2011 9:49 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] I'm appauled!

Unfortunately Jeremy getting the rnib to do anything is near impossible sinse they are a law unto themselves.

heck I've tried to get them to record sf and fantasy books for the last 22 years and mostly completely failed!

I suspect the reasons that they are behind azabat are either because A, the chap himself has some sort of personal connection with their management, or B, because Azabat have very much the same outlook as rnib do on blindness, namely that all blind people are doddery old biddies who just want to sit around, knit and play cards all day. Remember this is an organization that produce a magazine of braille knitting patterns, but catagorically refused to produce braille manuals for tabletop rp when I asked.

Unfortunately, as far as disability goes, places like the Us, the netherlands, Most of scandanavia, Germany and probably quite a few more places are far more ahead of the Uk in terms of atitude, whether that's the government or disability organizations.

Beware the Grue!