Or in some games a secret room where you can actually talk to caricatures of te developers. One notable such instance is in The Immortal, which is a game known rather infamously for its difficulty and for the rather dauntin list of ways to die. One such method was to find the developers and then lie and say yes to having the coffee pot. The head dev would basically incinerate you.
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 26, 2011 10:04 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Perilous Hearts hero playthrough.

Hi Joseph,

No, that's not an Easter egg. Cheat codes are cheat codes not an
Easter egg.As I mentioned in a prior message on this topic Easter eggs
are extra content that are A, not usually advertised, and B, usually
extra content that has to be unlocked in some way. It can be anything
from a secret message that turns out to be a list of the developers
who worked on the game, or something really useful like a bonus level
to play.

HTH